WHAT TO EXPECT ON
Your First Visit
The team at Nicole M. Paxson, D.D.S., loves welcoming new families into our practice. We want to establish reassuring and comfortable relationships with each of our patients. In order to create that trusting atmosphere, here’s what you can expect at your first visit:
- First, we listen to your concerns about your dental health and future.
- Together, we review your medical history with you; take x-rays; and conduct a periodontal screening (which is no more uncomfortable than a routine cleaning).
- Dr. Paxson reviews your records and conducts a thorough examination, checking for oral cancer, gum disease, and the status of your current restorations (crowns, filling, implants, etc.)
- After the examination, we consider all the information we’ve gathered to review treatment options based on your dental needs and desires.
How To Get the Most From Your Visit
Being well-prepared for your appointment ensures that Dr. Paxson has the information she needs to provide the best possible care for you. For many people, preparation relieves anxiety about an upcoming dental appointment. Dr. Paxson recommends the following steps to make the most of your appointment:
- Download our Health History Form here and complete it at home. It’s easier to remember everything when you complete the form in the privacy and quiet of your home. Bringing the completed form to your appointment also saves you time.
- Make a list of all your current medications.
- Make a list of any questions you have or unusual symptoms you are experiencing. It’s easy to forget these details once you get in the dental chair. Exploring our list of services may help you with this step.
- Allow enough time for the appointment so you don’t feel rushed. Generally, a cleaning takes about 45 minutes.